Thursday 16 February 2012

Powder Highlighters. DO OR DON'T?

Being blessed with prominent cheekbones means i'm a massive fan of highlighters! However some come with a heavy price tag. Over the past few years there has been a boom in highlighters and dramatic growth in drugstore brands launching their own versions of these beauty treasures.

My first highlighter experience was at the ripe young age of 13, walking  through Harrods when a benefit cosmetics beautician approached me. I left the store beaming a huge smile framed by their wonder potion High Beam, and my newly purchased bottle of the product from mother, hoping it would encourage a positive love for make-up and how it did! My older sister later bought the product and still uses it to this day whereas i have experimented a little more. Since that first experience i have tried 2 more of benefits primer's which double up nicely as highlighters, YSL touch eclat, to something more affordable Miss Sporty. After trialing the next highlighter i received a sample of i realised that sometimes when you apply the highlighter on top of your make-up it can strip the base, but when you apply less to avoid this it doesn't have as strong an effect. Anybody else notice this? So now i'm considering giving powder highlighters a go but a bit weary of whether they will be pearly enough and how long they will last before it slides off the base like blusher. I think i should start the search for my first purchase.
Gemma

5 comments:

  1. I've never used a highlighter before! They sound nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use powder highlighter cause I got really oily skin and the result after few hours is terrible!
    I also haven't used miss sporty but I think that the best thing to do is to use a little amount of highlighter especially if you are going to be out for many hours.
    great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should try it out at some point! never tried it before :)

    IMPERFECT PERFECTIONISTA

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the powder highlighter much more than the high beam. it's not so shiny and good as I expected.
    in btw lovely blog you have here :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog honey!!
    great pictures!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete